As used in this chapter the following words and phrases shall include the meanings ascribed in this section unless the context clearly requires a different meaning.
- The term "Person" means a natural person.
- The term "forester" means a person who, by reason of his knowledge of the natural sciences, mathematics, economics and the principles of forestry, and by his demonstrated skills acquired through professional forestry education as set forth in Section 73-36-21, is qualified to engage in the practice of forestry and who also has been duly registered and holds a current valid license issued by the board.
- The term "registered forester" means a person who has been registered and licensed pursuant to this chapter.
- The term "Practice of forestry" means any professional forestry service, including but not limited to consultation, investigation, evaluation, valuation, planning, recommending silvicultural or harvesting practices or responsible supervision of any forestry activities in connection with any public or private lands wherein the public welfare and property are concerned or involved when such professional services require the application of forestry principles, knowledge and data.
- The term "board" means the State Board of Registration for Foresters.
Laws, 1977, ch. 475, § 2; reenacted, 1983, ch. 326, § 2; Laws, 1989, ch. 383, § 1; reenacted, 1991, ch. 330, § 2; reenacted without change, Laws, 1999, ch. 445, § 1; reenacted without change, Laws, 2004, ch. 416, § 2, eff from and after July 1, 2004.