For CFE Requirements, click here.
CFE Ethics Requirement (2 options)
- Attend an Ethics Presentation in person. Presentations will be offered around the state. Check the BORF Links page here for possible dates and locations that presentations may be offered.
- Review the Ethics Presentation. MSU Continuing Education Ethics Presentation is available on their web site here.
About Meetings and Courses
How do I find courses to meet my required 16 hours?
- Check the Mississippi Forestry Extension Service
- Check the College of Forest Resources current events
- Check the MSU Center for Continuing Education
- Professional Study Groups
- Professional Forestry Annual Meetings (SAF, MFA, etc.)
- Society of American Foresters
- MS Urban Forest Council
- Check the list of BORF Links
Are there any meetings in my local area?
- Mississippi Society of American Foresters (SAF) - Check with local Chapter Chairman
- Mississippi Forestry Association Meetings (MFA) - Check BORF Links
- County Forester's Meeting - County Forestry Commission Office
How do I get a program or course pre-authoirized for CFE credit hours?
- Ask the Sponsor of the program or course.
- Call or e-mail the BORF office for instructions.
How will enforcement of the Board's CFE requirements be handled?
- Registered Foresters are required to conduct themselves in an ethical manner as provided by the canons issued by the Board (See Code of Ethics).
- Fraudulent activity in reporting CFE participation to the Board will be a violation of these canons and may result in a fines or the revocation of licenses.
- Registered Foresters should make certain that proof exists of their participation, such as certificates, inclusion on meeting registration lists,etc.
- When asked for documentation, the burden of furnishing proof of compliance shall rest with the Registered Forester